3D concrete printing from the cloud

Hello all,

This is my first post here :slight_smile:, that might also mean that this post is in the wrong location. But here goes:

At research group Industrial Design / FabLab Enschede we developed our own 3D concrete printer from the ground up about 3-4 years ago.
It wasnt the best, but we did learn quite a lot from it. Fastforward to today and we have our own 3D concrete printing lab.

As part of the development of our own 3D printer we also developed our own slicer specifically for 3D concrete printing. You can probably imagine that a slicing strategy for concrete is different from for instance any polymer print setup (as an example, start-stop is a much bigger problem in concrete).

We are now thining of putting our concrete slicer into the cloud and make it available as a free service. what do we hope to get from this? A 3D concrete printsetup shoudnt be to expensive, but developing your own slicers software is can be very elaborate. Want to help people print earlier and quicker. as a bonus to us we get some insight into what people actually want to print in concrete as opposed to companies.

For this i have a few questions:

1. Is there anyone here also doing 3D concrete printing?
  2. Would you be interested in this slicer solution for concrete printing?

If you are interested, would you be willing help us test the setup?
Testing has 2 topics: user-interface (how to interact with) and technical output (is the slicer file working for you).

You can post below or email me at i.b.e.vrooijink@saxion.nl

Kind regards and have a nice weekend (it is friday),

Ivo Vrooijink