Fab Ed Carolina

Fab Ed Carolina is housed in Central Piedmont Community College as part of the Engineering Program within the Engineering Technology Division. Fab Ed Carolina’s primarily integrates personal fabrication, engineering education, and entrepreneurship for the Charlotte Region. Furthermore, throughout the year and in the summer the lab houses engineering skills camps for k-12 students.

1 Like

Dear Fab Ed Carolina,
I hope all is fine on your side of Earth.
I am contacting You by suggestion from @openp2pdesign (admin of fablabs.io).
We are launching a new Fablab, in Switzerland.
Our Fablab is called Fablab HEP Vaud. It is located in the Swiss school for teachers, in Lausanne. Our objective is to help school evolve towards a more sharing and collaborative place, where children are given the opportunity to create freely, using modern thinking and technology.
Fablabs.io requests that we get referee labs from a rather short list. I picked You in hope that You would agree to support our inscription in Fablabs.io.
Of course, I will send you any I formation you may request, to let You know more about us.
We already have the support from @Trox (Peter Troxler) and @openp2pdesign (Massimo Menichinelli, from Fab Lab Barcelona)
Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
With best regards,
Sébastien Actis-Datta

1 Like

My name is Carlos Mattei and I am the Director of the LEAP Academy Fabrication Laboratory located in Camden, NJ. We are a FabLab that focuses on k-12th STEAM education in the LEAP Academy School District with a strong emphasis in getting our students to pursue STEAM related college majors and careers. Our machinery includes Makerbots and Ultimakers 3D printers, one laser cutter, one CNC router, digital electronics equipment such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino boards, basic circuitry, VEX robotics and general woodworking tools.

Currently we are in the process of applying to the FabLab network and we included Fab Ed Carolina as one of the references. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information about our FabLab or have an questions.

Thank you and looking forward to being part of the network,

Carlos Mattei
Director,
LEAP Academy FabLab

Fab Ed Carolina,
We are beginning to become a Academic FabLab in the North-East of Brazil. At this moment we are a laboratory for rapid prototyping who are serving the departments of Design, Production and Mechanical Engineering. My name is Johannes Derks and I am the coordinator of this place. I have include Fab Ed Carolina as one of the referees for the approval of our Lab. At this moment we are engaged with a social project outside the university involving people with physical disabilities to make a kind of equipment for the assistance of them with mobility. Finally, when you need more information to know what we are doing you can contact me.
Thank you and best regards,

Johannes Derks
Coordinator FabLab UFCG - Brazil

Hi, we are starting new Fablab in Odessa, Ukraine and want to add our lab in Fablabs list. We will be glad if you can confirm referee application.
Our Fablab called Hub Lab and we can provide coworking for inventors, students of technical speciality and other people wishing to implement their technological projects. It’s a good place to work on technically challenging search of like-minded people and gain experience with modern equipment.
Contact us so we can provide you more information about us.
With best regards,
Vladyslav Us, assistant manager of Hub Lab.

We are starting a new fab lab in Ste-Thérèse, located in Quebec, Canada on Montreal’s northshore. We hope that you would agree to support our registration to Fablabs.io.

Our school, Académie Ste-Thérèse, is made up of two campuses; one for elementary levels (kindergarten to 6th grade) and another for highschool (7th grade to the 11th grade). Our fab lab is located in the elementary campus. It will be used by more than 2000 students and teachers from both campuses, and will also be opened to the public in the month of December or January the latest.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to review our request, and do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information,

With best regards,

Antonio Saraca
FabLab Manager
Académie Ste-Thérèse
www.academie.ste-therese.com

We are a non profit makerspace that would like to acheive fab lab status. We are raising funds for a full time program/educational director, whom we plan to have in place in 2018. In the mean time, we have all or the required tools, and plus a lot more and a huge industral space. We sponsor FTC and FRC robotics teams, and make our space available for free to the teams, community interests and fablab projects. We have several engineers that are dedicated to the space and volunteer their time to teach students making, which includes digital manufacturing. Here is a link to our webpage, and to our facebook page.

Thanks you for your consideration.

www.cedarvalleymakers.org

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CedarValleyMakers/

Hi! Fab Ed Carolina. I’m Mr. Manuelito Tibor of zampen fablab, Zamboanga City, Philippines. Our FabLab is already existing for a year now and we are not yet registered with fablabs.io and a friend from other fablab in our country which is fablab mindanao asked me to register our lab so that it will be recognized by other fablabs around the globe and for us to acquire meaningful insights to help improve our lab.

By the way our FabLab is located inside Zamboanga City State Polytechnic College that offers technical courses and the facilities that we have in our lab significantly help students learning in terms of the technologies that we have today. We also help local entrepreneurs in their business in terms of making prototypes of their products and we are conducting trainings to people for them to get the chance to learn and experience on how to use the machines for their personal prototyping.

We chose you to be one of our referee and we hope our request merits your approval and we could learn so much from you. Thank you very much.

FB_IMG_1508512532130FB_IMG_1508511955977

IMG_20171108_103110IMG_20171103_180702IMG_20171025_093945IMG_20171025_093328IMG_20171020_234438IMG_20171025_092345

Hello Fab Ed Carolina. Is there machine in the FabLabs that could engrave sheet metal surfaces?

Hello Harris,
I’m Jack, the operation manager from Fab Lab C+ laboratory in China. I submitted the application for laboratory certification and sent you an email.
I wonder if you have received my mail. If you have any questions, please contact my email: lyf@cgerat.net , or my Skype: 1500105988@qq.com.
We’re looking forward to more conversations soon!

Regards
Jack

1 Like

Hi
Good day to you

We applied for approval, we choose your lab as one of the referee labs.
Our application page is:
https://www.fablabs.io/labs/fabutopia

we applied one month ago.

hope you can approve us soon.

1 Like

Hi
Good day to you

Our application page is:
https://www.fablabs.io/labs/fablabduet

we applied a Week ago.

hope you can approve us soon.

Hello, Ed Carolina Team!
We are starting new Fab Labs in Moldova and we want you to add our lab in Fablabs list. We will be glad if you can confirm referee application.
Our Fablab are Fablab Drochia, Cahul and Ungheni. There is the same team working on all 3 projects. We can provide coworking for inventors, students of technical speciality and other people wishing to implement their technological projects. We have a coworking space to work with pleasant atmosphere and modern equipment.
Contact us so we can provide you more information about us.

With best regards,
Fab Lab Moldova Team

Hi.

Our application page is:

Thank you.
hope you can approve us soon. Please!

Have a nice day!

PS : I send you an email because I don’t know who approved me. I’d like to say thank you if you chose me.

I’m currently in the process of opening a Fab Lab in Fort Smith, Arkansas, USA and recently put your lab as a referee. I have been working with a local CPA and have gotten the incorporation process finalized and mailed off the 501C3 paperwork.
In recent months I have been in contacted and worked with the local Tulsa Fab Lab and had most of my questions answered. I’m not sure what all is needed, so here is a little background on me and my situation.
I have always been building and designing things since I can remember. Growing up I built and modified remote control cars, took most things a part to see how they worked, used my dad’s tools (sometimes with his permissions) and got a mechanical engineering degree and MBA from college.

I have always wanted to be a part of a Fab Lab since I heard about them a couple of years ago. I have a whole assortment of Rasperrry Pi’s, Aurdunio’s, and computers in home-made pinball and arcade machines.
Through I’ve had jobs in a variety in different industries; they have all been in design, manufacturing, or software testing/support. When I worked for a 3D CAD company (Alibre Design), I taught seminars around the country on how to use the software. This included 1-Day and 3-Day seminars, and even wrote/published a 450+ book.

My wife is graduating from medical school and we will be moving in a year; this gives me the perfect opportunity to follow my passion along with several past co-workers that still live in the area.

Thanks,
Ron Bowes

Dear Fab Ed Carolina,

My name is Carolina Sandoval and I am writing regarding FabLab Maya’s application to become a member of FabLAb. We are located at Colegio Maya in Guatemala, we are a small international school who is trying to place an emphasis on incorporating technology and innovation in education. We just started our makerspace last year and are in the process building a spacious innovation hub next year. We are committed to make a positive impact in Guatemala and we take seriously our social responsibility towards our community. We aspire to be a role model on promoting innovation and creativity and we work with local schools on improving education. One of our objectives is to host schools with limited resources and give them the opportunity to take part of different projects but also spark their students’ interest on innovation and develop the skills to be competitive in an global context.

We are equipped with all sorts of tools such as drills, routers, sanders, files, screwdrivers, 3D printers, 3D scanner, robots, arduinos, and more. We also have iMacs with a wide range of software that our members can use to plan and create their designs and prototypes. We place an emphasis on promoting STEAM and Service, and providing support for our members to turn their ideas into reality.

We believe that by becoming members of FabLab other people will become inspired and joins us in our mission. We appreciate your support with our application and I am glad to answer any questions.

Yours,
Carolina

https://twitter.com/carolinasandu

Fab Ed Carolina,
We are starting to install Chad’s first fablab in N’Djamena capital of Chad. We are currently a rapid prototyping and digital manufacturing laboratory. My name is Fadoul Hissein Abba and I am the Fabmanager of this place. I included Fab Ed Carolina as one of the referees for the approval of our lab. At the moment, we are engaged in several projects, such as robotics for the development of agriculture, electronic waste recycling, JERRY computers and home automation electronics using programmable cards such as Arduino. Finally, when you need more information to know what we are doing, you can contact me.
Thank you, sincerely,

Fadoul Hissein Abba
FabLab Coordinator WenakLabs - Chad

Dear Sir ,

The Fab Lab DUET is established in January 2017 at the Gazipur , Bangladesh .There are total 8 Sub-projects are awarded from UGC, Bangladesh. FAB LAB DUET is one of them. Establishment of a digital Fab Lab to create a common platform for multi-disciplinary innovative research, organize seminar, workshops and training programs for students, faculties and communities to enrich teaching, learning and innovation capabilities of the universities, country and the world.

The Lab provides students, researchers and technology enthusiasts a platform to take up applied research activities and develop prototypes. Laboratory is equipped with latest tools and technologies required to facilitate research and prototyping activities.

Some of the facilities available are as follows:

1. 3D Printers (Ultimaker 3 Extended and Mega Prusa 14).
  2. Laser Cutting and Engraving machine (Epilog Laser Mini).
  3. Vinyl Cutter and Plotter ( GRAPHTEC CE6000-60).
  4. Roland MDX-540S 4 axis Milling machine.
  5. PCB Milling Machine.

The Lab is divided into two parts:

1. Electrical & Electronics Section
  2. Mechanical section.

Electrical and mechanical section maintains an inventory of all the electrical and mechanical components required for modeling and prototyping. Bin system is used for maintain proper inventory of consumable and non-consumable items.

The principal activities revolve around development of Projects, which are undertaken on behalf of the industry. Our activities also encompass training of undergraduate engineering students from rural areas or small towns or colleges who do not have full-fledged laboratories. The aim is to impart practical knowledge beyond the realms of academic books and prepare students to be useful for the industrial expectations after graduation.

So if you approve our fablab in FabLabs.io than we will share our knowledge and idea in the world .

attach file is for our activities …

Address :

Shaheed Sayed Nazrul Islam Academic Building, 6007, Level-6, DUET, Gazipur , 1707, Bangladesh.

Gmail: fablabduet@gmail.com

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FABLABDUET/

Best Regards

Rupok kumar Saha

Technical expert, FAB LAB DUET