How do I find out what Referees I chose?

About a month ago I started the process of starting a new lab and choose 3 Referees. I was able to find out the contact information on one of them, but I couldn’t find out how to contact the other two. Unfortunately, I only got a standard email stating "Thanks for submitting Fab Lab Fort Smith. It will be reviewed shortly. " and there wan’t any mention of the other two labs. Is there a way to find out what these other two labs are?

4 Likes

At the moment only Fablabs.io admins and Referees can check this information, in your case:

But we are working right now on making the approval process public, so that anybody can check this information.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply!

-Ron

1 Like

Hi Massimo, we have the exact same problem and applied already in the end of 2017. I received a message saying one lab had approved, but nothing after that. Can you check for us at which two labs our approval request is still pending? Thanks.

As I also mentionned to another lab with a similar question, the site is being revised to improve the process. At Fab14, last week in Toulouse, we had a demo of the new site and this process should be streamlined. Hang on a little longer and this should be fixed. Otherwise, you can always try to contact the FabFoundation in a few weeks, once the dust settles from the big annual conference, to see if anything can be done.

2 Likes

Hi There, I have a similar issue, I had applied and even written to some of the Referre’s, neither did I hear from them nor did I get any updates. Please advice how do we move forward on this?

Hi!
About a month ago I started the process of starting a new lab and choose 3 Referees. I received a message saying one lab had approved, but nothing after that. Can you check for us at which two labs our approval request is still pending? Thanks

Do you know these labs you choose as a referee? The best thing is to attend a FabX event or just travel the world or the fablabs near you and get to know them then the it should be easy to get referees.

Hi ! I got the same problem !
I told Neil about it at FAB14 in France.
He said it is only a small problem, I sent a mail to his public email as he advised me.
@openp2pdesign Massimo, could you please also tell me what are the referee of Avilab ?

Can any lab be a referee? I have 3 that a relatively close (within a 2 hour drive) but I don’t think they are on the referee list… If I was able to do so, I would choose these labs and just go a visit each one for a couple of hours.

On a side note, I just got some information from my CPA who is helping me with the legal paperwork. I am now an official incorporation and heard back from the IRS (in the US) that they received my forms to become a 501C3.

If labs in the approval queue need help remembering who their selected referees are, please send me a private message

2 Likes

Estou no processo de aprovação para abertura da FAB LAB. Então, gostaria de saber quais são os juízes que fazem parte desse processo. Recebi um e-mail de aprovação de um, mas falta outros.
E possível descobrir para entrar em contato

Estou no processo de aprovação para a abertura da FAB LAB. Então, gostaria de saber quais são os juízos que fazem parte do processo. Receber um e-mail de aprovação de um, mas falta outros.
E talvez descobrir para entrar em contato

Same question we have in FabLab Santiago City here in Philippines. We already contacted one which was FabLab Taipei.

thanks

Qual o seu e-mail para entrar em contato
o meu é profmarcelomatematica@bol.com.br

I was wondering if there has been any update on this yet? I have several things in the works and would like to get on the list to become an official Fab Lab…

Hello,

@openp2pdesign Massimo, do you have any new information about the subject ? We are also waiting for the third approval for couple of months now, our lab, Collaboration Space is listed as a fab lab but we got only two approvals.

Thank you!