Invitation: Resource Speaker for Upcoming Virtual Regional Science and Technology Week (RSTW) in the Philippines 2020

Hi,

Good day to all! I hope everyone is well.

I would like to invite anyone who is willing and interested to be one of the resource speakers of the virtual Regional Science and Technology Week (RSTW) 2020 here in the Philippines. We at the Digihub - FabLab Davao will be hosting the said event and is looking for an international speaker that will share about makerspaces, fablabs and their innovations during this pandemic.

Please don’t hesitate to reply on this topic if you are interested or message me directly on my e-mail: digihub.dost@gmail.com

Stay safe and God bless!

1 Like

Pls share more details about the program

1 Like

Dear Sir Rahul,

Good day!

We appreciate your email and interest in our invitation. First of all, RSTW which is known as Regional Science and Technology Week is a flagship event of every regional offices of the Department of Science and Technology of the Philippines. The main objective of this event is to showcase the capability of science experts and inspire the youth and other sectors in patronizing local technology. Usually, it is done by having exhibits of projects and inventions made possible through the intervention of the Department of Science and Technology, conducting science fora where local and international experts are invited to share their knowledge and expertise to their fields of study and facilitating games and activities that will ignite the creativities of the youth. However, due to our recent situation of COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be able to organize a face to face event as it is also part of the organization’s contribution to support the government in fighting COVID-19 and to protect the people from the virus.

Thus, a virtual event shall be held this year with the same objectives but in a quite different way. Part of this event is to conduct science fora in which one of the topics will be Digital Fabrication in a FabLab Platform. We, as one of the hosts, are inviting international speakers which are affiliated to a fablab and share their expertise and experiences in a fabrication laboratory especially in their innovations in combatting COVID-19 utilizing the fablab facility. This forum will be expected to be attended by engineering and technology students as well as from the other sector such as micro, small, medium scale entrepreneurs, inventors and hobbyists.

Tentative schedule of the virtual Regional Science and Technology will be on November 16 - 20, 2020. The date of the science forum for Digital Fabrication in a FabLab Platform will fall either on the said dates as we are still yet to finalize the programme of the event.

1 Like