What is the status of this site?

Hi all,
It seems that Quite a few people have issues getting the labs updated and quite a lot of the topics are getting stale.
Github shows very little signs of development (with a few exceptions).

What is the status of this site? Being the official map list of fabfoundation I would argue that this is a priority to have in working order.
Do you need help? Admins? Developers?

A question for all: what are your thoughts on this site? (Trying to boost interaction to gauge the interest)

1 Like

imho the site is broken and has been for many years. people appear to have moved to the “fab city full stack”. there is little interest in keeping things tidy and running when kicking off new shit is far more exciting. no blame, i’m the same, just an observation.

Sorry for my ignorance - I tried to google ‘fab city full stack’ but didn’t really get meaningful results back. Can you post a link?

I would very much like to try and fix this site but I can’t get in contact with admins.
Of course it doesn’t make sense if the users are no longer here

Hi Hans Peter,

We are actually working on creating a new version of the site - but we are a small team, and the original funding that was obtained for setting up this platform is gone, so we are trying to figure out how to maintain it (as you probably know, large websites need quite some maintenance and development :wink: )

Thanks for bringing this up though!

thats is the anser of the fab foundation for 2 years. @jeanmichelmolenaar I don’t see that it is a large website. Why dont you finally give fablabs.io to the community. It is clear that the small group of fab foundation people cannot do the job.